AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-12, 21:03   Link #1561
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
It was stated that Liese could use every form of magic so it is likely all earthlings have aptitude to all element attribute. That said, I believe the MC's talents are sensing and control of magic power (the two necessary skills needed to use spirit art).

Aisia is a high spirit so she is definitely in the strongest class of mage in the world (which consist only of high spirits and high elves), but I believe she is only on Aria's level of close combat.

Excluding his Spirit Art (which is broken), the MC's swordsmanship is only at the level of the king of sword. In terms of direct combat the MC is weaker than Alfred, however he is able to combine various skills to make up for that difference.
I agree with the above. Rio is not immortal or invincible, he just has a stack of advantages from being a Spirit Arts user/ reincarnator. He has martial art and sword skills and experience from his time on earth so he didn't have to relearn these and they are different enough that it gives him a random factor.

His spirit arts are strong by any standard but they have limits too. His smart way of approaching conflict and his advantage of skills unknown to the enemy give him a distinct advantage (most Strahl humans don't know or understand spirit arts).
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 21:03   Link #1562
silenceblade

To be fair, the native human race possesses the lowest magical potential of all the races in that world. A genius in human race terms is only an amateur by the Seirei no Tama's standards. This is why humans prefer magic (studying, effort, and talent are less important).

However, the native human race possess the greatest combat skill of all the races. When combine with Ancient class artifacts (which makes up for their lack of magical talent) it can be stated they are the strongest race.

The MC is ridiculously skilled in everything, however his combat skill is overwhelming poor.

P.S. If the heroes were to combine their spirit art skills (not as if they actually know spirit art) with their divine raiment that would mean they might actually reach the MC level. If the MC were to possess a divine raiment he would only become a little stronger in my opinion since he has already surpass that level.

Last edited by silenceblade; 2018-04-13 at 21:17.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 22:04   Link #1563
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
To be fair, the native human race possesses the lowest magical potential of all the races in that world. A genius in human race terms is only an amateur by the Seirei no Tama's standards. This is why humans prefer magic (studying, effort, and talent are less important).

However, the native human race possess the greatest combat skill of all the races. When combine with Ancient class artifacts (which makes up for their lack of magical talent) it can be stated they are the strongest race.

The MC is ridiculously skilled in everything, however his combat skill is overwhelming poor.

P.S. If the heroes were to combine their spirit art skills (not as if they actually know spirit art) with their divine raiment that would mean they might actually reach the MC level. If the MC were to possess a divine raiment he would only become a little stronger in my opinion since he has already surpass that level.
Probably true since he has a contract with a human-form spirit, which is either high or quasi-high spirit if I remember correctly. On top of it, all the heroes are going to learn magic contracts that will actually cripple them because their mechanical method is like a tattoo, hard to remove after the fact and fixed in its state.
Old 2018-04-15, 04:30   Link #1564
Snowbold

I just started reading the parts with this infernal letter everyone here hates and I can't disagree with the sentiment. So does anyone know if someone is doing the LN translations? I know it should be a little different and that the letter never happens, per volume 10. So unless an official translation happens, I would like to see a way to read the LN's.

Thanks.
Old 2018-04-15, 17:37   Link #1565
Fhenex
Anywhere Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
I just started reading the parts with this infernal letter everyone here hates and I can't disagree with the sentiment. So does anyone know if someone is doing the LN translations? I know it should be a little different and that the letter never happens, per volume 10. So unless an official translation happens, I would like to see a way to read the LN's.

Thanks.
roxism currently translatin the LN, although it's progress rather slow. if you can read japan language , then go for it, far much more faster i say.

Little different? my friend, the LN is pretty much already completely different from the WN in many way
Fhenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 18:42   Link #1566
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhenex View Post
roxism currently translatin the LN, although it's progress rather slow. if you can read japan language , then go for it, far much more faster i say.

Little different? my friend, the LN is pretty much already completely different from the WN in many way
lol, well, since I can't read Kanji, I am just going off the last few pages of the forum thread when I joined the Seirei fan club.
I do have some stuff to learn again so maybe I should grin and bear to learn Japanese again.
Old 2018-04-15, 23:34   Link #1567
dragon1412

Quote:

hmm, i thought Roxism is WN only
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 10:35   Link #1568
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
hmm, i thought Roxism is WN only
Well, I have feeling like someone will be faster than roxism and without such limited access.
Old 2018-04-16, 10:39   Link #1569
Fhenex
Anywhere Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
Well, I have feeling like someone will be faster than roxism and without such limited access.
that i have to agree. the problem is, no one want's to do it.

Still, with the LN progress in different way and much more better, wonder if the author will stop the WN one day...?
Old 2018-04-16, 10:42   Link #1570
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
that i have to agree. the problem is, no one want's to do it.

Still, with the LN progress in different way and much more better, wonder if the author will stop the WN one day...?
Just give it a while and it will change. Trust me.
Old 2018-04-16, 10:50   Link #1571
KikeLyne

Stopping the WN will either be making it incomplete or finding a good place to stop, which is rather hard due to the number of issues at hand in the WN story.

Also, if 1 were to translate the LN. It's either translating from Vol. 1 or Volume 3/4 where most of the story starts to differ alot compared to the WN.
KikeLyne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 14:00   Link #1572
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikeLyne View Post
Stopping the WN will either be making it incomplete or finding a good place to stop, which is rather hard due to the number of issues at hand in the WN story.

Also, if 1 were to translate the LN. It's either translating from Vol. 1 or Volume 3/4 where most of the story starts to differ alot compared to the WN.

Can't they make an official translation like Arifureta? Its got 10 volumes already.
Of course the issue of official tl quality vs fan tl's. Look at Mahouka, I read both (one for the entertainment, and the other to support it financially) but the fan tl's is way better.
Old 2018-04-16, 23:46   Link #1573
dragon1412

Quote:
Can't they make an official translation like Arifureta? Its got 10 volumes already.
Of course the issue of official tl quality vs fan tl's. Look at Mahouka, I read both (one for the entertainment, and the other to support it financially) but the fan tl's is way better.
doubt it, in term of sales, Seigen is a lot more niche than Arifureta, so don't expect it to get license soon, Seigen is more niche and template in genre, which add to it disadvantages.

The whole fan tl vs official Tl was debated to death before in another thread in LN section, but i still said my word there nonetheless. Those who believe professional > fan is delusional or don't know how publisher works. The translators are separate into in-house of publisher and freelance, big series like SAO and Index probably managed to get in-house to do it, but most, if not all, is done by hiring freelance, fresh one at that, since veteran probably won't consider LN as a work, since the pay is a lot cheaper than technical books, and harder to translate as well. And add on the cost of veteran vs fresh, we get the picture that the translator commissioned by publisher for novel type story, not just LN, all country novel is also under same problem that the translator is a new one who just stepped in translation without enough credibility under their belt for higher pay like technical books or guide book and have to take lower fruit. Manga is 99.99% freelance, using in-house for them is wasteful. A veteran works can easily cost as much as 1.5 to even more than 2 times new translator. So don't expect change anytime soon. Lesser series is fine, but for books with massive infodump like Mahouka thing become a lot more apparent, since fan is generally more tolerable towards the works they like, and they aren't in any deadline
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 11:37   Link #1574
suzaku879

Sorry about this, but can anyone give a spoiler/summary about MC's relationship progress like to his love interest and half-sister ?

And is the difference between the LN and WN really great ? because i only find WN trans so i'm intrested about the LN

Last edited by suzaku879; 2018-04-17 at 12:21.
suzaku879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 20:59   Link #1575
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzaku879 View Post
Sorry about this, but can anyone give a spoiler/summary about MC's relationship progress like to his love interest and half-sister ?

And is the difference between the LN and WN really great ? because i only find WN trans so i'm intrested about the LN
I'm not up to speed on either, but based on the 10th volume alone there is a massive difference in how Rio explains his past to those around him.

As for the relationship progress around him, can't answer that besides that Celia does like him and knows it, Miharu is still in love with the Haruto of her past (that memory Aisia gave of him dying didn't help) and Aki hates her brother Haruto.
Old 2018-04-18, 18:51   Link #1576
Triok123

Quote:
I'm not up to speed on either, but based on the 10th volume alone there is a massive difference in how Rio explains his past to those around him.

As for the relationship progress around him, can't answer that besides that Celia does like him and knows it, Miharu is still in love with the Haruto of her past (that memory Aisia gave of him dying didn't help) and Aki hates her brother Haruto.
i thought that in volumen 10 miharu confessed that she got hot for Rio??...
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 00:06   Link #1577
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
i thought that in volumen 10 miharu confessed that she got hot for Rio??...
Ok, but I don't think that was in the WN, she got taken away before she could answer Haruto's confession.
Old 2018-04-19, 03:14   Link #1578
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Read the last couple pages of this thread. People have already gushed about everything that vol 10 did right.
Old 2018-04-19, 06:22   Link #1579
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post
^ Read the last couple pages of this thread. People have already gushed about everything that vol 10 did right.
I think we did mention pretty much everything important from vol 10 ( even when there is only one thing that is really important kukuku)

Also, I get today vol 10 special http://i.imgur.com/a9RFYn6.jpg
Rly happy right now.
Old 2018-04-19, 11:26   Link #1580
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Mmmm, loot.
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cunning mc, harem, reincarnation, shoujo, smart male lead, tragic past, webnovel